This page reports a synthesis of the main elements that characterise the national AI strategy with a specific focus on the public sector. It extracts the information related to a single country from a comparative analysis done by the AI Watch team and reported in full in the science for policy report “AI Watch. European Landscape on the Use of Artificial Intelligence by the Public Sector”.
- Strategy has a specific focus on the use of AI in public administration as it is a strategic objective to introduce AI within the public administrations
- Staff training programmes will be introduced in the public administration to reduce the staff shortage challenges
- A core focus of the strategy is to integrate AI research findings in the government as quickly as possible
- Open public sector data is made available to a wide range of stakeholders
- Various awareness raising programmes will be launched to increase understanding of opportunities and risks of AI and data sharing
Learning by doing
|Stimulating awareness and knowledge sharing|
Ethical and legal framework
|Improving data access and quality|
Funding and procurement
|Improving internal capacity|
The strategy highlights that the public administration can be a first mover and an example for others to follow by using responsible AI. Therefore, one of the strategic objectives of the strategy is to introduce AI solutions into the the public sector.
At least one digital innovation hub will be established, for advising on the development and deployment of AI within the private and public sector.
Given a recognised skill shortage, support will be giving for staff training and awareness-raising programmes, such as courses or seminars, to acquire new skills and qualifications on AI related fields.
On data, the state will ensure that open public sector data will be available to a wide range of stakeholders in the Slovenian government. Moreover, awareness of both the opportunities and the dangers of data integration, sharing and use between the public sector and the private/academic sector will be arose.
Data of release
Specific actions to public sector
SC2: Education and enhancement of human resources
SC4: Introduction of reference solutions for AI in the economy, the public sector, public and state administration and society
SC7: Increasing public trust in AI