This page reports a synthesis of the main elements that characterise the national AI strategy with a specific focus on the public sector. It extracts the information related to a single country from a comparative analysis done by the AI Watch team and reported in full in the science for policy report “AI Watch. European Landscape on the Use of Artificial Intelligence by the Public Sector”.
- Strategy aims to create favourable conditions for use of AI in public administration, to make the government more productive.
- Involvement of public administration in knowledge transfer locations
- Introduction of AI pilot projects within the public administration
- Development of a binding public administration data availability plan for Ai, including data standard
- A start-up support programme focusing on AI application in the public sector.
Learning by doing
Stimulating awareness and knowledge sharing
Ethical and legal framework
Improving data access and quality
Funding and procurement
Improving internal capacity
Public sector is seen as a priority sector of the AI strategy.
The strategy focusing on data access and data quality in order to also develop AI solutions with them, even from an ethical perspective, reforming data sharing laws when necessary.
To support the policy-making process during the development of AI solutions, it is planned toestablish regulatory AI sandboxes.
To conduct a dialogue on possible new AI applications in public administration with private sector and their development and deployment, e.g. in the form of hackathons.
Czech Republic intends to funding AI projects with potential AI-based solutions for public administration. Revision of procurement processes to give better possibility for contracts for public administrations
Data of release
Specific actions to public sector
Objective: start-up support programme to assist the establishment of businesses working on AI applications in the public sector
Tool: making available and sharing of public sector data, in particular search for appropriate open data for open sharing, maintenance and updating
Tool: supporting the development of AI solutions to ensure the effective functioning of law in the private and public sectors.